The Season Opener at the Bunbury Turf Club on Saturday 13 October has received a huge boost with the launch of the TABtouch Punters Challenge.
The Bunbury Turf Club are inviting keen punters to form a team to celebrate a great day of Australian racing that includes the $100 000 TABtouch 3YO Classic at Bunbury, The Everest from Royal Randwick, worth a staggering $13 000 000 and the prestigious $2 000 000 Caulfield Guineas.
Teams can a purchase a table in the Diamond Chimes Marquee and enjoy a first-class food and beverage package in close proximity to the mounting yard and winning post at Bunbury. The competition offers 16 teams of 8 people the chance to compete for $7 000 in prize money with the winning table collecting $4 000.
Bunbury Turf Club CEO, Alex Doble, enthused “What a way to return to racing at Bunbury; we believe this competition will appeal to all types of punters and create a great atmosphere on the course. It’s the Club’s return to racing after a long off-season and a great way to showcase provincial racing with a stand-alone Saturday meeting at Bunbury. Continuing the festivities, the Club is opening the gates to all with free admission on the day.”
Doble was also keen to acknowledge the support of TABtouch “Without the support of TABtouch this concept would still be on the drawing board. We continue to work together to enhance the experience of the oncourse punters”
Details of the TABtouch Punters Challenge are:
- It costs $1 250 (per table) to enter and includes course entry, race book, and a food and package for 8 people (limited to 16 tables only)
- Each table is granted $700 in betting vouchers from TABtouch
- $100 must be bet on 5 races at Bunbury, with a maximum of two bets per race
- Each table chooses a 6th race on the Bunbury card where $200 must be wagered with a maximum of two bets; this is the wild card race
- Bets can be placed on a win, place or each way options only (pari-mutuel pool) – no fixed odds
Tables with the most money at the end of the challenge will receive the prize money:
- First – $4 000
- Second – $2 000
- Third – $1 000
On top of the prize money, tables also keep all dividends won across their 6 bets on the day.
For example, if you finish with $500 in collects from your 6 bets as part of the competition, that $500 is yours to take home.
To secure your table for the TABtouch Punters Challenge on Saturday 13 October call the Bunbury Turf Club on 9721 3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Terms and Conditions of the TABtouch Punters Challenge are found below:
General Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the TABtouch Punters Challenge is the Bunbury Turf Club (ABN 11 025 147 523) (Promoter).
- Rules on how to enter the Challenge form part of these General Terms and Conditions (and schedule). By entering the Challenge, entrants agree to be bound by these General Terms.
- Entry is open to all teams who have purchased a table in the TABtouch Punters Challenge. Tickets and entry is via Bunbury Turf Club – (08) 9721 3444
- A team name as well as details of the table captain must be completed online prior to being allowed to enter the competition.
- No Bunbury Turf Club employee may enter the challenge.
- This competition is a game of skill requiring teams to finish with the highest possible total based on the competition rules.
- This event is restricted to over 18’s only.
- Each table must nominate a captain. This person will be responsible for playing the bets.
- Each table will be given $700 in betting voucher. This total is to be wagered throughout the race day in the amounts below.
- The competition runs on TABtouch 3YO Classic Day at Bunbury, 13 October 2018 and ONLY across Bunbury races 2-8. On all races each table must bet $100, with any one of those races chosen to be a ‘Wild Card’ race where the bet will be $200.
- No more than two (2) bets may be placed on any one race.
- Bets may be placed only on a pari-mutuel win, place or each way option. Each way bets will count as one bet. Bets on other markets including fixed odds or multiple race outcomes (Doubles, Quadrellas etc) are NOT permitted.
- All table bets are to be placed by the table captain with the TABtouch operators no later than five (5) minutes prior to the start time for each race. Failure to comply with this rule may result in a wager being placed on the tables behalf on the pari-mutuel Win option of the race favourite at that time (as determined by TABtouch fixed odds market).
- The onus to check betting receipts remains with the contestants. Neither the host venue nor TABtouch has any liability to acknowledge tickets which contestants claim to be incorrect.
- Late scratchings or declaration of non-runners that result in a refund based on TAB standard rules will have that amount for the relevant bet returned to the table’s running tally.
- The leader board will be updated after each race, with the positions being based on the current balances of each table.
At the end of the competition, the tables finishing with the three highest totals will be awarded the following prize money;
- 1st – $4,000
- 2nd – $2,000
- 3rd – $1,000
- Should there be two or more tables tied on the same amount, the order will be determined by a count back based on the below order;
- Number of 1st place runners backed with a Win or Each Way bet
- Number of 2nd or 3rd place runners backed with a Place or Each Way bet
- Total collect with the Wild Card bet
If none of these methods are successful in splitting the tables, the relevant prize money will be split evenly between them.
- Any table with winnings dividends for placed bets over the competition are theirs to retain.
- All monies won by each table will be paid out with cash on the day. All prizemoney will be paid out by cheque.
- Should the races be abandoned or postponed, each table will be refunded their event ticket fee based on Bunbury Turf Club terms and conditions. If this occurs prior to race 5, the TABtouch Punters Challenge will be deemed a non-event and no prize money or other winnings will be awarded. At any stage from the completion of race 5 onwards, the leader board at the time of abandonment will be used to determine the winner based on the above rules.
- If for any reason the Challenge is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Bunbury Turf Club which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Bunbury Turf Club will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge. The Bunbury Turf Club is not responsible for any malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website.
- Promotion of competing commercial entities to those involved in this function is not permitted in the Challenge. Anyone believed to be engaging in marketing of product not associated with the Challenge may be asked to leave the function. No refund will be made available in this instance.
- By entering the Challenge you are consenting to receive further information from the Bunbury Turf Club and consenting to appear in a reasonable amount of advertising and publicity.
- The Bunbury Turf Club reserves the right to alter any of the above rules and conditions should it deem necessary. Their decision will be final.
- If any contestants/tables do not adhere to any of these rules and conditions this may lead to disqualification.
- Contestants release TABtouch and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the promotion and acknowledge that (a) the promotion is in no way administered or conducted by TABtouch; and (b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to TABtouch.